Thursday, November 23, 2006

Congratulations to Sarah! Wow, I know a flight controller for NASA. I'm really connected. I'm thankful I know you.

I'm thankful that my family is gathered here today. It feels good.

I'm thankful that my wife can cook and does cook. Our whole house smells like turkey dinner, brocholli casserole, sweet potatoes, and homemade biscuits and gravy.

I'm thankful that I can sing.

I'm thankful for the light in a student's eyes when they discover something about their voice, and the joy in their whole body when they sing a song well.

I'm thankful for my students and their parents.

I'm thankful that we are safe. I'm not afraid to go buy bread.

I'm thankful that I understand how to coach beautiful sounds out of people. It is my joy. Until I lose my mind, I'll always have that.

I'm thankful for the thirtysomething Singers who came over last Friday, stayed for three hours, sat on my floor and sang for an hour and a half. I will always remember that.

I'm thankful that I grew up in a loving family, that I married a wonderful woman with a loving family, that my children have become productive happy adults.

I'm thankful for Charles Davidson and his Butterfly songs and the butterflies that now hang on the green wall at casa verde. It ain't Carlos Paez Villaro, but maybe someday I can put him up there too.

Does anyone know if they put "Always Look on the Brightside of Life" in Spamalot before "As Good As It Gets" or after that?

Have a happy day, you can do it, nothing to it. Have a happy day all day.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger carter said...

Spamalot was released in 2004 or 2005 so I would guess the answer to your question is that it was after As Good As It Gets.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oooh, Carter told me where your "new" blog was. Thanks for the congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home