Friday, May 18, 2007

I have a concert tonight with my new community women's chorus. We are doing a difficult program of about 40 minutes of music and have had only 14 rehearsals to prepare. I wish there were two more rehearsals, but alas. When you begin a choir like this, the beginnings are usually meager and often the choir outnumbers the first audience. We are doing better than that.

When I look at the 37 faces of the women in this group and think about their voices, Oh my word, what a collection of ability in one place. The soloists are out of this world. Their performances will stun tonight's audience. What's more, the concert has picked up an unusual amount of community support. I could explain it to you, but you don't have time. I had been hoping to have maybe 150 at our inagural performance, but I'm beginning to wonder if the building will hold to number of people who seem to be planning to come. I've decided to print more programs. You have to love small towns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home