Sunday, January 16, 2005

Every time I buy a new house it costs twice as much as the last one I bought. This has to be the last house I buy. I've signed a contract on a new house. It is our dream house. If all goes according to plan, we will be moving about 7 miles from where we are now. Advantages of the new place: 1) much nearer to work for both of us. Also near retail areas. We might need only one car. A golf cart is in my future. It will add about 45 minutes a day to my life. Putting 45 minutes into your day is a cool thing. Think how much more I can get done . . . or sleep. 2) It will be like living inside an art work. It is a beautiful place with ceramic tile, beautiful cabinetry, wide hallways, a great curved staircase that serves as much as an ornament to the foyer as an access to the loft, bonus room and two bedrooms. 3) Hopefully this property will be a good investment, perhaps earning as much in 10 years as I will pay for the property.

The house is a cluster home in a multi-dimensional community of retail businesses, offices, common areas, and private homes. I've seen these communities before and they are very attractive. Walking trails, parks, sidewalk cafes and specialty shops. The first section of 135 homes is finished and we would be purchasing a resale of the first model home in the area. It is two years old. I'll try to put up some photos tomorrow, (if I can figure out how to put up photos.)


1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, a new house! Very exciting. I'll have to come visit the next time in Atlanta, but only if I get to ride on the golf cart. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home