Thursday, March 10, 2005

We now have the keys to our dream house. The last two days we've been going over to sit at a card table on folding chairs and eat a bite. The house is different without any stuff in it. And, it is still beautiful. I get really calm sitting there inside.
There are thousands of things to do. We are taking over a car load of things each day, beginning the process of storing our stuff away in a new place. And there is cleaning to do. It's a big place and took awhile to vacuum. The tile needs to be mopped too. Shampooing the carpets is going to be expensive, but we've got to get rid of the cat dander so Carter can come to visit. In vacuuming today we filled two bags with cat hair, enough to make a cat, I'd say.

I'm judging a festival tomorrow so I'm not doing my regular school day. I'll be listening to solos and trios all morning, giving sage advice on how to improve and grading them unforgivingly. How sad. And this one has winners and losers so I have to chose 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place. I went to this same festival once when in high school (It's called literary meet, but it includes fine arts). Our quartet came in first in our region and were invited to state competition. We didn't go. Chuck Antonie, Clifford Cathcart, Jim Foster, and myself. Oh my word, why can I remember all those names? Chuck teaches college somewhere. Clifford committed suicide in college. No idea what Jimbo is doing, but I remember seeing him a few years back and he was bald. Time marches on.

I have a student from Shorter College coming to watch me teach next week. I wonder what he can learn in three days. Hopefully something.

If you want to see the new house and haven't, leave me your email in a comment and I'll send you some photos of the place with the previous owners decor. They had a lot of cool furniture which made it look even grander. We have cool stuff too. I can't wait to live there with my stuff. We are planning to buy a new couch and chair for the sunroom. There are so many places to sit and relax in this place--den, family room, sun room, master sitting room and the giant size loft and a large patio. I can imagine we'll have people sitting all over the place next Christmas for the family party. I live in Peachtree City. How odd.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I want to see the house! sarah AT saroy.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home