Monday, August 01, 2005

Oddly, we went back to work today. I thought teachers were off during the summer. Isn't August the first the definition of summer? There is no airconditioning in my room. They hope there will be some by next Monday. My room had a new roof put on over the summer and I have the largest water leaks I've ever had. Lots of water in the hallway, ensemble room and in the chorus room. But hey the cafeteria has no floor or AC either. It looks so unfinished I don't see how it can be ready by Monday.

Looks like I have lots of music for my choirs. I can't squeeze in all my choices for the year so I'll have to cut things. Ugh.

The new teachers were running around hither and yon today. They are terrified. I remember. The old teachers were sitting back with their feet up. I'm in between. I know what needs to be done, but there is still lots to do.

I saw one of my favorite former students tonight. She is as beautiful as ever. She glows with youth and health and happiness. Teaching has its rewards. She was a senior who I expected to have senioritis but who came on to be a tremendous leader. What about that? She's a sorority girl now, but making straight A's at UGA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home