Thursday, January 18, 2007

I've long said that the Repubs were advocating a totalitarian government. I don't use the term facsism but Reality based educator does and he backs it up. He points out the administrations tendency to fire federal prosecutors that are not friendly to the administration and make temporary appointments without senate confirmation under the homeland security act (as though there was some emergency). Don't agree with the top? You are out and constitutional process will be circumvented.

I heard an interesting phrase this morning from Madeline Albright on C-span. What we need is a SURGE in diplomacy. Can you see that diplomacy is not being used? Could other Arab states help with the mess? Could Europe? Russia? Well I think so. Is any work being done in that area? Any appeals made? No we are still being tough guys. A surge in diplomacy. I'm for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home