Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The fantasy baseball draft is Saturday. You can study the stats, read the news reports, study the contracts and batting orders. Unfortunately, or fortunately, a lot of information will escape you. Managers are tricky. They don't want their opponents to know if a pitcher has a sore arm or if he just wants to work on his change up today and so he gives up 8 runs. On the last day players will be sent to the minors, unexpected injuries will promote unknowns to be major leaguers. Some old veterens will fade. Rookies will flourish and then wither. Managing your team will make a difference. Should you start that pitcher in Houston or not? Should you bench that slumping player? Should you pick up that sizzling rookie? Last year I finished in the bottom half and I don't want to do that again. Could it be my time to win? I did some homework and know some players, but I have given up on knowing them any better. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home