Friday, May 18, 2007

So who does James Dobson want for president? Now we know for sure that he doesn't want Rudy. I don't know how Mr. Dobson got to be so influential. When I was a young man people were turning to him for advice on how to raise their children, a sort of right-wing Christian version of Dr. Spock. (Don't get confused here--not Mr. Spock of Star Trek, Dr. Spock of the Baby Book.) As a young minister with children of my own, I almost universally disagreed with any of the guy's advice about raising children. Since my children have turned out to be pretty neat adults, I feel vindicated for taking positions contrary to Dobsons. Yet he has a wide following. CNN went bezerko and said that he has 220 million radio listeners in the United States. Uh . . . no. I don't think so.

It looks like Rudy will have some 28%ers strongly against him if he wins the Republican nomination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home