Sunday, January 20, 2008



What sense influences us the most strongly? I have made my living by appealing to the ear, but I am overwhelmed by the eye. Is abstract art abstract or is there something somewhere that actually looks like that and the abstract art is merely a representation of it? I'm trying to load two photos on this issue of the blog that were taken from seven miles above the earth. It was a fairly clear day and we could see to the horizon, where the earth curved out of sight. Isn't that an amazing thought. Flying to San Francisco in business class was something special, but I was not prepared for the beauty of what lay beneath me. I had no idea where we were, but I think we were over Brice Canyon when I saw this slash in the earth that ran from north to south as far as the eye could see. The other shot was of farmland admidst the mountains. Every flat area was cultivated. The circles, I've been told are a square mile. They look like abstract art to me.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love taking pictures out the window of airplanes. :)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Dr. G said...

Amazing, isn't it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home