Saturday, August 06, 2005

I've had a hard week getting ready for school to start back on Monday. Lots of incompetent people have been in my way operating in a kind of perfect storm scenario to all have disasterous impact on me. The high points would be: 95 degree temps and no a/c, no computer, no internet, copiers out of paper, construction still going on in my area. Problems remaining as we speak: still no a/c and I'm expecting 71 students first period, half my lights are out, several outlets are not working, the floor was stained by water leaking and now can't be cleaned until Christmas they say, surplus material remains to be hauled away. All this got in the way of my planning during a planning week. I'm still not ready, but by working until 9 at night on Thursday and Friday and by working all day today and most of tomorrow, I'll be ready to go. Things were going so well this week that one new teacher came in on Monday and quit by Wednesday. Guess he didn't like the way things were starting. Me neither.