Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sometimes I come up with a good idea. The Varsity Glee Club is a good idea. I thought of the name several years before I had the group. I kept hoping I'd have some men to actually call "advanced" and be able to establish the group. Last year it came to pass. You might see them going on the field tomorrow night for the start of the homecoming game and say. Oh look, the boy's chorus is going to sing. But they really are the Varsity Glee Club and they sing like a college glee club, or as my friend Wayne said, like a good college glee club. They will wail away at the National Anthem tomorrow evening and the boy's chorus idea will disappear in the opening phrase. They sing like men. Guys in the stands will hear them and think, "Man that's a group I would like to be a part of." About half are actually on the football team so they'll be in uniform. One of our guys who graduated last year is playing football for UConn this year. Brad can sing and knock people down. He's about 6'4" and 260, maybe 280 pounds. Bet you wish you could drop in for 5 minutes and see them don't you?

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Yes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home