Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I miss my mom. She would love to go up to see her great- grandchildren, twins Grace and Elizabeth. And she would come and visit us in our garden home in PTC. We have shocking flowers all about right now. My neighbor Mildred has so many things in her backyard. Some sort of trumpet flower, giant hybiscus, and roses. We got these two hanging baskets of petunias back in April. Sounds cute right? They look like the bed of flowers you'd hang over the Kentucky Derby winner. Then there is a butterfly bush gone crazy with purple, two crepe myrtles in the front and three in the rear, impatiens in red and pink, geraniums, an orange hybiscus, pink and purple hydrangia, and believe it or not, sunflowers. That's what is in full bloom right now. In the mornings it is pretty cool and I open the back door and feel the breeze coming through and hear the birds singing in the garden. I can't get Dad to come up and visit, but Mama would have liked it.

Cousin Selma and her daughter Elyn are coming on Friday. Is it any wonder that I like the summer?

1 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger carter said...

I miss her too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home