Thursday, January 25, 2007

I often have thoughts that I want to put on the blog but they seem too insignificant to make an essay out of and they never get written down. Here are bits and pieces of them.

If you don't have a pillowtop mattress. . . you must not fail to get one the next time you get a mattress. We definitely waited too long to get ours and even though we've been sleeping on it for two years, I still think it is sooo wonderful as I lie in it in the mornings.

While I wonder if the kings and lords of old ever got as pleasant a night's sleep as I do, I am reminded that the real proof of my own royalty is . . . the shower. Isn't it just marvelous to stand in a good steamy shower with seemingly endless hot water pouring on your head. Henry the VIII could not have matched that I'm certain.

There are lots of little lights in our house at night. I can't figure out how many, but there are lots. The chargers have lights, the CD player, amp, Tivo, phones, the space heater in the bedroom, the piano even has lights, the computers, and the back-up hard drive blinks a lovely blue. The alarm pad has a variety of colors and lights depending on its setting. The digital clocks all glow and so does the stove and the refrigerator has a blue and red light. I discovered that the blue light brightens up other stuff, but the red light while seeming to be as bright, does not shed it's light on anything. Or at least I can't see it.

A new community choir has come into being and I have been asked to conduct. It will be so much fun since I already know the singers so well. First rehearsal is next Thursday evening. It makes me smile.

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh, you are so right about the pillowtop mattress. I bought mine when I moved to Houston and I love it.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Dr. G. said...

I think once you sleep on one, you will be a convert forever. Hope you are well miss sarah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home