Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A surprising experience yesterday. I baked a cake. It turned out to be beautiful and tasted wonderful. Woo Haw! A friend had given us this cake awhile back and I have been after her for the recipe. It arrived via email about 3 days ago and yesterday, being a day that called for a cake anyway, I decided to roll up my sleeves and bake it. Since mine came out so well, I'm going to post the recipe for you. I have never baked a cake before. I must be a natural. I did make a mess doing it.

I used:
a Pillsbury butter recipe golden cake mix (18.5 oz) You only want the mix here,
discard the directions.
8 oz cream cheese (let it warm to room temperature)
4 large eggs
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract (the imitation vanilla extract is exactly the same)
1 tsp pure almond extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease pan and dust with flour (I used a bundt cake pan and sprayed it with
Pam for Baking (with flour) which worked great.

Pour ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir them with a spoon until everything is moist.

Then mix with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Pour batter into your pan

Instructions said bake 35-40 minutes or until cake is golden brown and springs back when lightly pressed. But the Pillsbury box said bake bundt cakes for 39 to 43 minutes. I ended up baking for 43 minutes and it came out perfect. You will just have to watch it. Remember that when you take it out it continues to cook for awhile.

Cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack and then it is ready to pop out of the pan, eat, or frost if you like.

This cake is goooood. Thank you Amber for giving me the recipe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home