Thursday, February 28, 2008

I heard the Louisana State University choir on tour here in Atlanta last night. There were three warm-up high school choirs that are not worth mentioning. The emcee mentioned that there were only a couple of students in the choir from Georgia and he hoped that this visit would change that. There were actually 3 Georgia Students in the choir. Two of the three were my students. I could not have been more proud of them performing in this magnificent ensemble. One seldom hears such sound in life. Particularly amazing were the presentation of the Vaughn Williams a cappella Mass in G and a pair of works by Reger and Rheinberger, Nachtlied and Morgenlied. Dr. Fulton maintained the sculpted balance of tonal qualities throughout and there was scarcely an out of tune moment in the hour of mostly a cappella singing. We got to talk for a while afterward and that was nice as well. Of my latest addition to the choir, Ellen, he said "I wish I had 12 more just like her."

Send them to LSU as long as Ken Fulton is there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home