Wednesday, November 03, 2004

We got just over an inch of rain during the last hour of voting last evening. Regardless of who the president is, perhaps the sun will still keep shining and the rain falling on the earth for four more years.

There are things that no one will say that I think should be said. You may think the election issues were homosexual rights, stem cell research, abortion, terrorism, war in Iraq, or jobs. But something else was reflected in voting patterns in the Old South. 80% of the white people voted Republican and 90% of the black people voted Democratic. There is really only one issue and it is race. I'm thinking that's pretty sad.

I have to visit New York or the northeast to find white men who have the same values as me in any number. It is dangerous for me to have a Kerry Edwards sticker on my car. White men will attack my car.

I guess if things continue in the Bush way for four more years, some of this may happen:
Bush will be on vacation mostly. Gas prices will top $3. The stock market will not make any gains but corporate CEO's will make record salaries. Social Security will fail. Drug costs will continue to skyrocket. Wilderness will come to an end in America. 10 million will lose health care in the next 4 years. The tax burden will shift once again to mean a smaller percentage paid by the wealthy, a larger percentage paid by the middle class. Being middle class is going to be less fun.

I'm sure I'll have more to say later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home