Saturday, March 19, 2005

Basketball is ending. Baseball is beginning. The NCAA national championship tournament is entertaining and unpredictable. Every year I enter one of those pools and come in 14th with my picks for the winners. I wonder if actually following basketball would be an advantage when I fill out the sheet? The people who make up the seeding charts don't do that well.

Our fantasy league draft for baseball is next Saturday. I have never been less prepared. That is not a good omen. I hope I'll enjoy being in 7th place all year.

We had the carpets cleaned at the new house to get rid of the cat dander from the last owners. I've moved over most of the stuff from closets and storage areas and I'm trying to get that stuff organized. We are taking over dishes and pots and pans and anything we don't use everyday. The big moving day is April 6. Oddly, the place will be close to set up to live in by the end of that day. Okay I'm sure it will take a day to set up the surround sound system and the computer network again. Maybe we'll even have the cable on and a phone when we move in. We ate dinner (take out) in the new house last night around a card table in the kitchen. We think we are really going to like the new place. It's hard to wait for April 6.

Unfortunately the fescue is starting to grow here at the old place and I see a tinge of green in the Bermuda as well. This will be my last year to cut grass for awhile, maybe forever. Assuming that this place will sell sometime this summer. The new house has a grass cutting service built in the association fee.

One of my girls, Lauren, has been offered a full scholarship to LSU in voice. She is the 6th one to get the scholarship, and the 7th one to go there in the last 5 years. We must be doing something right because I think LSU is about the best undergraduate music school in the southeast. I also have had music majors at Georgia Southern (4), Georgia State (2), West Georgia (1), Georgia College (1), UGA (1), East Carolina (1), Berry College (1), Middle Tennessee State (1), Mercer (2). Eight of that number have finished their degrees. One or two have gone to other places but I can't remember where and mostly they weren't good candidates to finish a music degree. The people at LSU go, "there are six of you here from the same high school in Georgia?" We are waiting to hear if Johanna gets a scholarship offer too. Cross your fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home