Sunday, May 22, 2005

This is going to be a list of totally disjointed ideas.

My pitchers suck on my fantasy league team. Each night some of them pitch well, and each night a different one of them goes crazy and does something like give up 4 runs in a third of an inning, spoiling the performance of everyone else. I would drop the bad ones except that means I'd have no pitchers.

I have mourning doves nestled on the ground under one of my oak trees sleeping.

Last week was crazy. Final concert on Tuesday, went okay, but actually not one of our better Spring concerts, except for Varsity Men, who are of course breaking new ground anyway. Thursday was the last day for 70 seniors. Whew. I loved some of them and was sick to death of others the same amount. That is not a good ratio. There has been so much "business" in class regarding, exam exemptions, end of the year stuff. Yearbooks have made their way into our lives and everyone is trying to sign them. Music and folders must be taken up. Chaos reigns.

This week we have Baccalaureate on Tuesday. Friday is graduation and I have to call the 400 names. Yes I'm working on it. Saturday my neice is getting married.

We've cleaned out the other house and made repairs that they asked for and then the thing did not close. Now we are hoping for next Thursday, but realistically, these things don't close lots of time. Will it close or not? I still haven't gotten the piano out of there and everyone wants $400 to touch it which is totally ridiculous. I'm going to have to do it myself. Ugh. Please let it close so I can believe that I really live in my new house.

Birds that I have had on my feeder this Spring so far: tons of sparrows, I never can decipher the markings to know what kind, mourning doves, purple finches, gold finches, bleubirds, cowbirds, black birds (biker birds), a red headed woodpecker (wow), an indigo bunting, cardinals, and I've had flybys by mocking birds who never get on the feeders. From my other house I am missing roufous sided towhees, flickers, red bellied woodpeckers, brown thrashers, blue jays, brown headed nuthatches.

Early on Sunday mornings we go to waffle house. A nice tradition. The waffle house near here is even warm not freezing cold like most, and there is no smoking in our town, so we can sit anywhere. Very nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home