Monday, August 15, 2005

An unusual treat on Sunday. I was invited to go to the Braves game where one of my students was singing the national anthem. She sang well and didn't seem nervous. She had made terrific preparation. The surprise was that they had gotten seats through a friend, right behind the owners' box. Oh my. I was about 12 feet behind the home batting circle and had a thoroughly good time. Of course it helped that Chipper, Kelly Johnson, Jeff Francour, and Ryan Langerhans all hit dingers for the Braves. What an exciting young ball club. When Anne was singing they had her projected up on the 10 story tall digital video screen, so I could see her and then a giant her up on the screen behind her. It was certainly different from any Braves game in the past. The vice president of the Braves walked us out through the owners underground route through the club house where I got to see Julio Franco. He's a pretty big guy.

Braves won 13 to 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home