Sunday, November 06, 2005

I know he's a yankee, but you should take time to read www.reality-basededucator.blogspot.com

He'll keep you up on your current events. I wish I knew how to make that a link, but oh well. I challenge you to bookmark that site.

I've been opening boxes in the attic to see what the heck is up there. It is creating work for me. I found some things that belong to other people that I need to get back to them. I found lots of old junk too. Why do we keep that stuff?

I've got to turn my Sports Illustrated archive into treasure on Ebay and get rid of most of them. People sell them on Ebay all the time so I guess I could too. I only have about 8000 of them! Jack Nicklaus winning his sixth masters. I have it. If they went for $1 a piece I'd have a pretty penny for them! Hmm. What do I want to buy for $8000? My first car cost $500.

We just passed 6 months in the new house. Remember how much we liked it when we moved in. We like it even more now.

Another chorus auction has come and gone. They are so much fun. I'll bet some of you guys have never been to an auction. I must tell you that your life is not complete until you go to a few auctions. Mrs. G and I used to go to an estate auction on Grinstead Ave. in Louisville, KY, back in the 70's. I went every week for the longest time. I bought a little wardrobe there for $18 and sold it years later for the same. I saw one like it recently, and no I'm not kidding, for $800. Maybe I should have kept that thing. The rocker that I bought for $11 is still rocking in my living room. We bought two gift certificates, two nights in a luxury condo in Athens (Going back, going back, going back to Athens town. . . do you hear the men singing?) one block from the Arches. Which reminds me . . .
When I went to college we didn't do much investigating of the place. They had a music school. I applied. I got in. Florida State wanted me too and gave me a scholarship, but boy was it a long way away. I went to UGA. We loaded the car one September day and started out and guess what, we didn't know where it was. I mean we knew it was Athens. So we just followed highway 78 to Athens and my Dad said, "Athens isn't that big of a town. We'll just drive around until we find the University." I was anxious, but when we got to 78 and Lumpkin Street, there was the sign on North Campus, then we passed the arches and turned down Jackson Street. Then we rode up and down streets until we found Payne Hall. 303. That was my room.

Anyway, we have 2 nights in a luxury condo in Athens and plan to go over to see our niece swim on the National Champion women's swim team! Cool, huh? Go Kelley!

Dinner for 4 at the director's house got into a bidding war this time and went for $250. Not kidding. Hope I don't burn the steaks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home