Sunday, February 26, 2006

When you go on an adventure you just never know what is going to come up. We were in Athens this weekend. BullDAWG town. The condo we stayed in was downtown and low and behold, the students were downtown partying all night just about. We were awakened both nights by loud groups of students in the wee hours. A look out the 8th floor window showed large groups of students on the streets at 3:30 am both mornings. There was a mardi gras festival going on at the bars. I'm sure it was interesting inside based on the staggering groups wending their way back to cars, and frat and sorority houses, laughing and screaming at the top of their lungs.

A really fun unexpected thing happened during the visit. Not only did I go to see my neice swim for UGA (she is a swimdawg!), but I got drafted during the finals to be a timer. Yes, I've done it many times before for my own children, but it was especially cool to be timing at an NCAA event! As it worked out I ended up timing in Kelley's lane. How's that for getting close to the action. It was fun. I was proud to be there as my NCAA athlete neice was competing.

It appears that I have locked up a top notch person for my assistant director position for next year. She has better credentials than me. That's what they say about being successful. Surround yourself with great people. How do you get to be a great conductor? Only conduct great choirs! Locking down someone so good, so early is a real coup. I feel like a baseball team that made the big off season trade for a slugger. Hey, look out! Here we come.
She'll be Dr. F, so we'll have Dr. F and Dr. G. Very Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home