Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You may congratulate me. My daughter is to be married.

With apologies to Reb' Tevye, who is here somewhat modulated.

Here's to their prosperity,
their good health and happiness,
and most important ...
To life, to life, la kayim,
La kayim, la kayim, to life,

Here's to the father I tried to be,
Here's to the bride-to-be,
A toast, la kayim, to life!

Life has a way of confusing us,
Blessing and bruising us,
God would like us to be joyful,
even when our hearts lie panting on the floor.
How much more can we be joyful,
when there's really something to be joyful for?

To life, to life, la kayim,
A toast, la kayim, to life!

3 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Thank you Daddy...

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger NYC Educator said...

Congratulations!

My daughter's only nine, and even thinking about this stuff makes me a little nervous.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Dr. G. said...

We are happy for you daughter. You are deserving of some joys don't you think? NYC educator: It is a bit nervy, but it gets easier as the world turns and the time becomes right for such things. The clock is relentless. I don't remember growing older. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home