Sunday, February 18, 2007

I've been locked out of my own blog for days with a computer problem. Oddly, this is my 365th blog entry. I can't say that I believed that I'd have that much to say, but I did write journals and diaries as a lad. Will there be more of a written record to pass on to our grandchildren than there has been in other generations? What do I have from my grand parents or great grand parents? Almost nothing. I know their names. I have a little fold out fan that was my mother's mother's. Nothing from Grandfather Charlie except a few photographs. Daddy's parents only exist in photos, his father dying in 1930, long before I arrived on the planet and his mother died in 1956. I can only remember her in her coffin. I don't know what any of them thought, felt, or believed. Charlie was a deacon at the Free Will Baptist Church. Grandmother Cora had a pump organ in the house. There were hymn books. There is a kerosene lantern that lighted the old church before they got electricity. It's still at Daddy's house.

My son has made a printed record of his blogs and perhaps I'll do the same. Perhaps there is too much political rambling and not enough personal stuff, but maybe the great grandchildren can catch a glimpse of me in there somewhere. Will they think I was smart or ignorant? Will they ever understand that I made music? Will anyone be able to play a Compact Disc in 2050? Maybe my collection of programs will survive as well. Or . . . maybe not.

There is a new addition to the household. Patches is a 10 week old mixed breed puppy that we brought home from my daughter's ranch in north Georgia. She is a handful, but adapting well to homelife so far. I hope the border collie in her makes her smart and that the mixed breed helps make her be able to adapt to life in a home. It's a risk I know. But there were eight of them and daughter needed someone to take them off her hands. She still has two who need homes if you are interested. I will say she's a cutie. Look up border collie mix images and you'll find her photo, except that her coloring is not black or that chocolate brown but rather a straw color like a regular collie. He dad is a heinz 57. We're hoping that will give her a strong constitution and even temper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home