Wednesday, March 12, 2008

We did so many things in Louisville last week that I cannot do them justice in a blog. Concerts were wonderful at times. 12 inches of snow fell, a veritable blizzard. I lost my earmuffs. Alas, Alack. I couldn't have gotten through the winter without them. We had lovely meals with Pat and John, Robin and Tom. Pot Roast at the Cafe Magnolia was fabulous. And they changed it just for me. Dr. Hustad was remarkable, still, at 90. He gave a lovely lecture on his life and rules for life that reminded me of his "Ways to stay awake during an organ recital" lecture 33 years ago. I saw old friends, Michael from Virginia, now in Gainesville, who offered a gig for the three baritones, Bill Roberts who is teaching in a seminary, Ken Wilson, who is worn down from church music but still continues. I met Dr. Lawhon who may take up my tutorship of Craig and make her into a star. It was an uplifting conference with many encouragements. I'm glad the snow kept us an extra day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home