Monday, May 26, 2008


The house where I grew up. I lived here from age 5 to 12, and again from age 15 until I married at 21. Only 13 years I guess. But then my parents continued to live there for twenty years or so. It was Papa's house to our children. We caroled the neighborhood on Christmas Eve. I rode my bike down these hills. I helped plant that maple tree in the foreground when I was 10. The tree and I were about the same height then. Somewhere there is a photo of me and the tree. It cost 10 cents. Dad closed in the carport and made an extra room which he promptly filled with junk. It was good to see that it is being so well maintained by it's current owner. He looked at me and said "You are Mister G's son?" When I asked he said "This is still a pretty good neighborhood." I believed him.


1 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Blogger DesperateOperawife said...

Hi There,

Yes, I know ACB and actually wrote you an email about it recently. (not sure I have the right email address.)

Hope you are both well! It is blazing hot in Germany.

DO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home