Friday, June 27, 2008

One of my favorite blogs to read is http://www.mildlymelancholy.blogspot.com/, written by Susie Julie, a 28 year old middleschool teacher in Manhattan. I've been following her since her first year teaching. She is interesting. It's a bit like following Anne Shirley in Anne of Green Gables. At somepoint I became aware of her photo journalism as well and I like to look at her photoblog too. I think that I need to start a photo blog. It seems very cool and is both a form of information and artistic expression. Some bright technological wizard should help me do that. Julie's photo blog is located here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/susiejulie/ .

She's trying to decide whether or not to return to teaching next year. That is where they usually drop out. Right about 5 years.

I suppose that one day her blog will just disappear from the net. What a sad day that will be.

2 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Nacho Lover said...

Hi Dr G, thank you so much for the compliments and links! I really appreciate them. I'm glad you've enjoyed reading. :)

However, please remove my last name from this post. I've worked hard to maintain as much anonymity as possible in the last four years, and don't want my full name anywhere out there. Thanks!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Dr. G said...

You are welcome J. I thought the magazine cover sort of blew your cover, so I wasn't thinking about you being anonymous. But I know exactly how you feel and I've made a change. I hope this is sufficient. If you get back to read this comment, please take my encouragement to continue teaching somewhere unless it becomes totally logical for you to follow another path. The country needs teachers like you--brilliant, energetic, caring, and creative. Administrations are good at driving away thinking people. Don't let them beat you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home