Wednesday, March 01, 2006

We are off to All-State Chorus in the morning. It's a nice time away. I get to spend quality time with a select group. We have 26 going. That should put us in the top 5 or 6 schools in the state in number participating. It seems like we should have more, but it is a crazy audition process.

Got a crew of great seniors going this time: Brian, Karl, Anne, Diana, Lauren, all possible music majors next year. Brian is already offered a full ride to LSU, Karl to UGA, still to audition at LSU. Lauren and Diana audition there next Saturday. Anne has backed away from music for the moment, but she could still do it down the line. Eight juniors too.

Heard two great voices in audition today. That's two for Singers next year for sure. They have no idea and are terrified they won't move up. After they sing five notes, I often already know. I remember when Dr. Wilkey said to me one day, "Well, I see you finally learned something." I want to say those words to them.

At UGA last week I enjoyed sitting in Dr. B's vocal studio class and being asked to comment on the singers who performed. I had things to say and they listened. They didn't know who I was, but for some reason they were interested in my comments, even the DMA student. Always helps to hear it from a different angle I guess. I can coach voice students at any level. I guess that's something. It's nice to look at you life and say, "I can do that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home