Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I certainly don't want the life of a bird, but they seem like a happy lot. The more I live in my current home, the more I like it. On summer mornings like this I have the back door open and can hear a host of birds chirpping. They flock to our feeder in family groups and flit to the foliage of our bank to do whatever birds do, which in the morning seems to be mostly sing. I identify with that.

So I'm working on literature for next season. So far the new choices are:

Weep No More by David Childs from LSU for Chorale?

Laughing and Shouting for Joy (Ich jauchze, ich lache) Bach for Treble and perhaps Chorale could do it in German?

Sound the Trumpet/Purcell for Treble

Amor de mi alma/ Stoope a 16th century Spanish text/ for Chamber

Cheek to Cheek/ Berlin arr. Kirby Shaw for Singers. Kirby is a winner of an arranger. It's because he sings all the time in a group with Vijay Singh, so they know what works.

Like anybody cares! But you will later when you hear the music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home