Monday, June 26, 2006

I have a lot of questions today.

I'm getting pretty tired of the "It's a time of war so I can do anything I want to protect the American people."

I mean didn't Karl Rove come up with the whole "war" idea? Was the attack on the twin towers the only terrorist act that has ever been committed against Americans? Did we go to war against Libya? Did we go to war against domestic terror after the Oklahoma City Bombing?

Are we at war now? Isn't it a war when two armies are fighting? Where is the other army? Wasn't there a war that lasted about a week? What we have now is really the American military occupying a foreign country. Are we surprised that people over there are trying to kill members of our occupying army? Am I a terrorist because I ask questions?

Why is the president's criticism of newspapers for printing that he has started a questionably legal program to monitor financial transactions news, rather than the story that he and top offials conspired to lie to the American people and to the U.N. in order to start a war in the middle east with a country who could do us no harm?

Do I feel like the American colonists when they were being kicked around by King George with no regard to their rights as Englishmen? Are there any rights left for Americans or has King George seized them all?

On a local level, how can the Christian right in Georgia support Ralph Reed? It's so evident that he is a criminal and not a Christian. His own emails condemn him and point to his part in the conspiracy. He just uses the Christian mojo to manipulate the Christian right. Shouldn't they get a new boy who actually IS as Christian and cast Reed out? I mean they really envision him as Sonny's successor don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home