Saturday, November 19, 2005

Today is the first day of a nine day vacation. I must get at least nine things accomplished during that time, but demands are already piling up on my time. My nephew has a concert in another city on Sunday. I think I'm invited to Thanksgiving dinner somewhere. We've got to drive to Marietta today to pick up a repaired flute. That will take half a day. The car must be serviced sometime during the holiday. I have a rehearsal this afternoon. Christmas decorations must be put out during this break because there will be no slowing down after the break. The Holiday Concert program must be finished over the break. Music for the Choral Workshop must be selected and ordered. Yea! Dr. Caldwell from GA Southern will come and direct the mixed choir. Hoping Dr. Raines from GA State will direct the women. I must do that Field trip request form for the committee to approve the workshop again this year. We've got to nail down the air travel for the Spring break venture to NYC. The shows are chosen: The Producers, Chicago, Phantom of the Opera and Don Pasquale. Pick two.

It's cold outside. Not my favorite time of year. That's one reason my parents moved south. As you age you get tired of being cold. You don't even know you are cold when you are young. I had courtyard "duty" this week, during the mornings before school. I am stationed there in the cold to WATCH the students. Why? No one knows. We have cameras there and if anything happens it will be recorded. If something happens will I be able to prevent it? No. I'll just chase down the participants. I was dressed in flannel lined jeans yesterday, with three shirts, plus my down jacket, ear muffs, and gloves. The temperature was 21. Students were sitting on steel picnic table benches wearing, I kid you not, shorts and a T-shirt. The kids who noticed the cold today had on a t-shirt and a hoodie (hooded sweatshirt). I saw exactly one student in a coat. He looked like he had walked to school from some distance. Students are insane. Also, every other one of the little idiots is sick. But wearing a coat or long pants is definitely not cool.

By the way when I came inside after 30 minutes on duty. I was frozen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home