Thursday, March 30, 2006

I had a former student come back today to visit. That is not big news since many of them come back to sit in the chorus to which they formerly belonged. With security these days it is difficult to get them in. It was Talia. She has recently finished her university degree in music education and she wanted me to see her supervising teacher's assessment of her. She was particularly proud of the teacher's comments about how she was unusually adept at getting the students to produce a big robust tone quality. She related to me what process she used, just one of our old exercises in our choirs, and how astonished both the supervising teacher and the students had been at the results. The teacher went on to say that Talia was going to be successful at what ever she tried to do in life and that she recommended her "very highly" to any employer. I was glad to see her. She is singing well and doing some opera work this summer in New Jersey. I guess the coolest thing was that she went to the trouble to come see me to show me the letter and relate her story. It's good to know that some ears are listening when you teach.

1 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Dr. F said...

I remember Talia!!! What a voice. I am sure her profs are right...the world is her oyster. Fun to hear that she is doing so well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home