Friday, April 07, 2006

There are so many things to write about our time in New York City that I don't know where to start. I love being in New York. The students were practically perfect. The weather was good and New Yorkers treated us wonderfully well. Mrs. G and I stayed two days after we sent the students home and had some great experiences. Wicked is absolutely amazing. Don Pasquale at the Met was flawless. The Metropolitan Museum of Art is huge. What a collection of beautiful things from all over the planet and for the last 2500 years.

We had some wonderful times on the trip. Our performance at St. Paul's Chapel was moving. The audience and the students were moved by their singing. Although I had on 24 members of Singers, the girls sounded like angels, especially on Psalm 23. The mixed group performed well too.

Oddest thing. Walking on 7th Avenue on Wednesday I ran into Gene Brooks! So I stopped him and talked for awhile. He was doing a choral festival and was just looking for some dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home