Sunday, July 30, 2006

On another subject . . .

A cooling rain came to north Georgia last evening and it is still coolish this morning. A nice change. Over an inch of rain fell with the initial thunderstorm and the drizzle that followed for most of the night.

Oddly, this is the last day of summer for us. Tomorrow brings the return of teachers to their tasks. It seems a bit early to me. There are so many holidays planned in this new calendar. I think I'd rather work on through and have a longer break. Much that I had wanted to do during the summer remains undone. But much needed rest has been taken. A new energetic assistant has arrived. We are looking at a year filled with promise. I shall do this six or seven more times and then lay down the baton I think. It will all come down to the post-Bush economic recovery. Just dollars and cents.

I had Karl, Carli, Bryan, Ellen, Grant, Diana, and Anne over for dinner on Friday. It was quite a party and went on for about 5 hours. They all talked at once and we listened to singers on CD and DVD for much of the time. Grand fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home